Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oh Orientation..

Well its been almost a month since I have been home. I spent the first few weeks just relaxing and catching up on ever TV show imaginable! ha! Mom and I have joined a gym, and work out together almost 3-4 times a week! Its been fun, and boring too!

As of June 1st alot has happened. I started orientation as a Nurse Extern on Oncology at CentraState Medical Hospital in Freehold, NJ. Its been a good experience so far. There are 15 of us externs and we are all on different units-- some are on the same units together. Im flying solo to Oncology. The past 3 days have consisted of learning protocols and such from 8am to 11:45. Then, we all go to lunch together and talk about how boring the morning was. From 12:30 to 4pm, we have "Extern Orientation" where our teacher goes over various topics in the health care system (most of which we all have learned in school). I have a computer class to take on Thursday so I know how to use the system and to document. On Monday, June 8th I start my first 12 hour shift on Oncology...

and im excited (:

No comments:

Post a Comment